- Campus Center for Appropriate Technology, Humboldt State Univ., Arcata (www.humboldt.edu/~ccat/index.html#)
- Environmental Technology Center, Sonoma State Univ. (www.sonoma.edu/ensp/etc) is a green building demonstration center offering tours, open houses, workshops.
- Pacific Energy Center (Pacific Gas and Electric) (www.pge.com/pec) offers demonstrations, an extensive library, and a multitude of top-quality educational seminars and workshops.
- San Francisco Dept of the Environment's EcoCenter (www.sfgov.org/sfenvironment/aboutus/ecocenter.htm) is a very welcoming citizen's walk-in resource center
- Los Angeles ECO Home (www.ecohome.org) is a wonderful small residential demonstration of urban sustainability.
- Southern California Edison's Customer Technology Assistance Center (CTAC) (www.sce.com/sc3/002_save_energy/002f_ctac/default.htm) in Irwindale is a great utility-sponsored demonstration center for residential, multi-family, commercial and industrial buildings
- Southern California Gas's Energy Resource Center (www.socalgas.com/business/resource_center/erc_home.shtml) in Downey is a great utility-sponsored demonstration center for residential, multi-family, commercial and industrial buildings
- Center for Resourceful Building Technology (CRBT) (www.crbt.org) was one of the first demonstration centers in the US and is a project of the National Center for Appropriate Technology.
- The Utah House, Utah State University Extension's sustainable building demonstration and learning center, open to public for tours, workshops, and individual consultations. The UH demonstrates, educates, and empowers the public about new ways of building homes and creating landscapes that promote the sustainable use of resources, energy efficiency, water conservation, universal design, and healthy indoor environments. On-line tour and photo tour available on the website!